Program Director, Physical Therapy AssistantOntario, California Job ID 204821
Imagine doing the best work of your career in a place where your efforts advance lives and empower communities. Where a shared passion for education and student achievement guides every decision. And where the lives you change today literally become tomorrow's life-savers. That's what awaits when you join the American Career College (ACC) team. Get ready to transform futures, including your own.
How you can impact:
As the Program Director you will:
- Provide leadership in managing, planning, and implementing the Physical Therapy Assistant program in support of American Career College goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes to meet placement expectations.
- Participate in curriculum development and coordination, while determining teaching assignments using a blended instructional approach combining face-to-face instruction with on-line instruction (as applicable), selection of faculty, and selection/coordination of program specific external facilities and instruction.
- Provide professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serving as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has a minimum of five (5) years (or equivalent), full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of three (3) years (or equivalent) of full-time clinical experience, and possesses the following qualifications:
- Didactic and/or clinical teaching experience.
- Experience in administration/management.
- Experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation and outcome assessment, including the equivalent of nine credits of coursework in educational foundations.
- Must possess contemporary expertise (expertise beyond that obtained in an entry-level physical therapy program that represents knowledge and skills reflective of current practice) in assigned teaching areas and demonstrate effectiveness in teaching and student evaluation.
- Hold a minimum of a master’s degree with the appropriate coursework in the subject area required from an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) license or Physical Therapy (PT) license to practice in California.
- Current CPR Card.
Salary: Minimum $103,000 - Maximum $150,000
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“I actually see our work as fulfilling an important need in the community. The changes that occur in a student and graduate’s lives are visible and important.”Mayra A.CAMPUS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, EDUCATION, ONTARIO ASSOCIATE SINCE 2010
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.