ADN Mental Health Adjunct Faculty
Join our faculty at American Career College and discover an innovative learning environment with a year-round curriculum that puts our students at the heart of everything we do. This unwavering focus translates into the tools, technologies, resources, and support you need to make an impact on their lives, launching the careers of future healthcare leaders. Get ready to collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and move healthcare education in an entirely new direction.
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at American
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Solution Oriented
“Being here for 20 years, I have been able to develop my style and effectiveness as a leader. This place never stops teaching the teachers, educating the educators.”Gohar A. Campus Director, Career Services,
Associate since 1999
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
Every day at American Career College is the opportunity to shape minds and lift up those around you. When you join us, you’ll discover a vibrant culture that’s filled with opportunity and growth, supported by a passionate team that believes in our mission. We always put our students at the heart of everything we do – our future vocational nurses, radiologic technologists, medical assistants, and more depend on it. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do
Under the general supervision of the Program Director delivers class and/or clinical instruction according to an approved course syllabus using accepted and effective teaching methods; develops daily lesson plans; advises and tutors students; maintains current and accurate attendance and grade records; remains current in applicable program teaching field; participates in faculty meetings, professional growth activities in the respective field and two (2) in-service training sessions annually. Participates in college activities such as in-services, faculty meetings, student functions, graduation exercises, open houses, new student orientations, and advisory board meetings. Strives for student success by providing quality instruction that results in students’ achievement of course and program objectives, retention of students, and prepares students for entry-level positions in the healthcare field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers curriculum in accordance with approved syllabi, according to program objectives and timelines.
- Employs appropriate instructional methods and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students and modifies where appropriate to meet diverse students’ needs.
- Prepares outlines of instructional programs and training schedules according to established course objectives.
- Observes and evaluates students' work to determine progress, provides feedback, and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Presents lectures and conducts discussions to increase students' knowledge and competence, using visual aids such as graphs, charts, videotapes, and slides.
- Administers standardized oral, written, or performance assessments.
- Supervises independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work, or other training as necessary.
- Provides individualized tutorial and/or remedial instruction.
- Monitors and records daily class attendance and grades according to established procedures and deadlines.
- Posts and maintains regular office hours to ensure accessibility to students for advisement and consultation.
- Participates in graduation ceremonies.
- Refers students to other College personnel/Departments as needed.
- Works with the college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college/program.
- Participates in the implementation of the Program Effectiveness Plan (PEP).
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of student information/records.
- Substitutes for other instructors within field or discipline in case of an absence.
- Exercises stewardship of college facilities and materials.
- Participates in conferences, seminars, and training sessions. Attends at least one (1) professional development activity annually, two (2) in-service events annually and faculty meetings.
- Participates in the marketing and recruitment of students, faculty and staff.
- Maintains professional appearance for position.
- Adheres to College policies and procedures and conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards. Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and as required to meet the needs of the College and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Maintains order, cleanliness and safety at work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master of Science in Nursing degree
Current CPR Card.
Three (3) years of occupational (i.e. practical) experience in the subject field in which they teach.
Within the last five (5) years a minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience or teaching in the field, or a combination of the two prior to hire date.
One (1) year of teaching experience in the subject areas taught or demonstrate prior training in instructional methodology and teaching skills from a formal teacher educational program or any comparable training program or formal in-house training
Minimum: $ 39.86/hour
Maximum: $ 57.79/hour
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.