Admissions AdvisorOntario, California Job ID 204841
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Advisor is responsible for the prospective student entrance process of the campus Admissions department with emphasis on customer service. Assists with gathering information, pre-screening and pre-qualifying potential students. Performs routine clerical, office and data entry tasks. Provides excellent customer service to prospective and enrolled students in accordance with the mission and purpose of the college.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and enrolls qualified applicants into programs of study beneficial to the students’ career objectives and academic needs in an efficient and supportive manner utilizing sales and marketing techniques that may include group presentations/events, campus tours, on and off-site job fairs and other methods as applicable.
- Assures that prospective students complete all required forms for enrollment and processing.
- Maintains current with program objectives, enrollment process, requirements, and content offered by the college in order to make a complete and factual presentation to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Continuously follows-up on all student inquiries from marketing efforts and meets with prospective students to determine their educational and career goals as they are related to the course offerings and sets appointments to interview prospective students as appropriate.
- Maintains and establishes accurate and complete network of external contacts, records of all inquiries, appointments, applications, enrollments, and starts as applicable and enters data into Customer Relationship Management software to ensure it is updated/maintained daily to reflect the current day activities.
- Manages appointment book, recording appointments with prospective students. Notates conversations with prospective students in Customer Relationship Management software. Sends marketing materials to prospective students.
- Takes and/or returns inquiry calls from potential students interested in obtaining information about the college and its programs of study. Immediately follows-up on inquiry calls that fail to make appointments or missed scheduled appointments.
- Assists with retention efforts by helping with pre-registration, attendance tracking, and orientation calls as appropriate and/or requested.
- Refers all questions regarding financial aid eligibility to the Financial Aid office.
- Develops relationship with Instructors in order to keep current on diverse academic programs offered at the college to better serve prospective students. Builds rapport with other departments at the college to be better informed of the college’s operations. Monitors class availability.
- Understands and conforms to the college’s philosophy of truly caring about students and providing excellent service to prospective and enrolled students.
- Conducts planned phone campaign. Calls prospective students from lists provided by Admissions Director. Explains the various programs offered by the college. Ensures adequate time for prospective student inquiry and follow-up. Provides adequate information on phone to encourage prospective students to set up in person appointments. Encourages prospective students to refer other prospective students.
- Consistently conducts ethical and complete information sessions. Determines educational level of prospective students. Answers student questions, offers guidance on programs, alternative programs and admissions process. Establishes students career choice. Conducts tours for prospective students.
- Provides accurate numbers of new students to Director of Admissions.
- Assists prospective students with completing enrollment packets. Verifies and records prospective student information.
- Completes tuition information sheet for Financial Aid department. Discusses financial obligations with prospective students. Reviews students Financial Aid outcomes to determine affordability.
- Follows up on new student attendance.
- Addresses questions and concerns from new students. Emphasizes importance of orientation to new students. Maintains acceptable level of referrals.
- Participates in Student Appreciation Day and graduations.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance, reports to work as scheduled and assures time worked and/or time-off is recorded properly.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the College’s Code of Ethical Conduct, Compliance Agreement, Sexual Harassment Policy or any of its policies and procedures, applicable federal and states laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and attends in-services and other required meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all student, associate, and/or college information as required.
- Exercises care, proper use and maintenance of department equipment and supplies and identifies unsafe conditions and makes appropriate adjustments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in marketing or related environment preferred.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience with data entry and multi-line phone aptitude.
- Experience with reception and telephone techniques.
Minimum: $26.89/hr. rate - Maximum $36.30
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“I actually see our work as fulfilling an important need in the community. The changes that occur in a student and graduate’s lives are visible and important.”Mayra A.CAMPUS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, EDUCATION, ONTARIO ASSOCIATE SINCE 2010
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.