Join our faculty at American Career College and discover an innovative learning environment with a year-round curriculum that puts our students at the heart of everything we do. This unwavering focus translates into the tools, technologies, resources, and support you need to make an impact on their lives, launching the careers of future healthcare leaders. Get ready to collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and move healthcare education in an entirely new direction.
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at American
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Solution Oriented
“Being here for 20 years, I have been able to develop my style and effectiveness as a leader. This place never stops teaching the teachers, educating the educators.”Gohar A. Campus Director, Career Services,
Associate since 1999
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
Every day at American Career College is the opportunity to shape minds and lift up those around you. When you join us, you’ll discover a vibrant culture that’s filled with opportunity and growth, supported by a passionate team that believes in our mission. We always put our students at the heart of everything we do – our future vocational nurses, radiologic technologists, medical assistants, and more depend on it. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do
- Conducts daily tutoring sessions in writing, math, reading, social studies and science for prospective students, identified by the instructional team or self-identified by the student. Ensures the timely progress and planning reviews for tutoring HSE students and maintains comprehensive records pertaining to the progress of each student that are then communicated to the campus instructional team.
- Tutors HSE students in group sessions or one on one in the content specific areas of the HSE examination. Establishes and maintains high success rates of students participating in the HSE program.
- Provides individualized tutoring and/or remedial instruction as needed or appointed.
- Observes and evaluates students’ work to determine progress, provides feedback, and makes suggestions for improvement, under the guidance of the campus instructional team.
- Administers standardized oral, written or performance tests in order to measure progress and to evaluate learning effectiveness based on HSE requirements as instructed by the campus instructional team.
- High School Equivalency Certificate (GED)
- One (1) year of previous relevant tutoring experience required.
- Knowledgeable of local, State and Federal HSE regulations and testing procedures.
- Knowledge of General Education curriculum (high school). Knowledge of basic arithmetic and proper English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Knowledge of test administration procedures.
- Experience with MS Office.
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.