Associate Director, Vocational NursingLos Angeles, California Job ID 204870
The Campus Assistant Director, Nursing VN assists with providing leadership in managing and implementing a comprehensive post-secondary adult vocational nursing program for delivery in support of College, campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet workplace and placement expectations. Participates in budget preparation and fiscal administration, curriculum development and coordination, determination of teaching assignments, supervision and evaluation of faculty, and selection/coordination of program specific external clinical facilities and instruction.Provides professional leadership and support for teaching faculty; serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty assigned; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse; one (1) year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state approved registered nursing, vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five (5) years; or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last five (5) years.
- Leadership knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in technological support and delivery of program area and services.
- Knowledge and evidence of strong supervisory and management skills as applicable to specialized program area.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Title IV, ABHES, BVNPT, BPPE, and other accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of applicable databases and computer application systems to supply the most accurate information, reports and projections.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the US Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Must have completed a course or courses offered by an accredited school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License required.
- Must have approval by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) prior to assuming the role of Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Must possess a Certificate of Completion of a course in teaching methodology of at least 30 hours.
- Current CPR Card.
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
“I actually see our work as fulfilling an important need in the community. The changes that occur in a student and graduate’s lives are visible and important.”Mayra A.CAMPUS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, EDUCATION, ONTARIO ASSOCIATE SINCE 2010
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.