Instructor, Nursing (Clinical - Sub)
Join our faculty at American Career College and discover an innovative learning environment with a year-round curriculum that puts our students at the heart of everything we do. This unwavering focus translates into the tools, technologies, resources, and support you need to make an impact on their lives, launching the careers of future healthcare leaders. Get ready to collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and move healthcare education in an entirely new direction.
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at American
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Solution Oriented
“Being here for 20 years, I have been able to develop my style and effectiveness as a leader. This place never stops teaching the teachers, educating the educators.”Gohar A. Campus Director, Career Services,
Associate since 1999
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
Every day at American Career College is the opportunity to shape minds and lift up those around you. When you join us, you’ll discover a vibrant culture that’s filled with opportunity and growth, supported by a passionate team that believes in our mission. We always put our students at the heart of everything we do – our future vocational nurses, radiologic technologists, medical assistants, and more depend on it. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do
Reporting directly to the Manager Clinical Faculty, the Sub Nursing Faculty (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor, and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Campus, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- One year or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University’s faculty handbook.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Working with online learning management systems to further engage the student learning process desirable.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing, Commission on Dental Accreditation, state Dental Hygiene Committee, state Dental board, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) or other regulators and/or accreditation bodies.
- Clinical RN - Must have a minimum of two (2) year’s prior experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care and have a minimum of one year experience in the field in which they teach
Must have the minimum higher education background required by the program. Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
Master’s degree in specialty field required.
Graduates from the West Coast University Master of Science in Nursing program, who meet the minimum experience requirement as a registered nurse, are eligible for consideration as a clinical faculty immediately following graduation.
If applicable, certification(s) in area(s) of specialization required.
In California, must meet Board of Registered Nursing requirements as stipulated in their statues:
Section 1425(c) states, " An instructor shall meet the following minimum qualifications: 1425(a)(1) A Master or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration. If degree other than in nursing submit information verifying course work in nursing education."
1425(c)(3) Completion of at least one (1) years’ experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes PRACTICE IN TEACHING REGISTERED NURSING. Submit official course description to verify course content.
1425(c)(2) Direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by: (A) One (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or (B) One (1) academic year or of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Current CPR card.
- Clinical RN - Must have approval by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) (if required by the state) prior to assuming the role of clinical faculty member.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator.
- Health certifications for an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Category I classified position (potential for exposure to infectious diseases at work). As an essential component of the West Coast University infection-control program immunizations and tuberculosis clearance documentation is required in accordance with current Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and OSHA recommendations and guidelines for Health-Care Personnel. Below are health certification details which are subject to change as required by OSHA and CDC.
To comply with the requirements of the clinical sites, the orders issued by the California Department of Public Health, and other local, state, and federal law and/or regulation, this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.