Instructor, Med-Surge (Theory - Part Time)
Join our faculty at American Career College and discover an innovative learning environment with a year-round curriculum that puts our students at the heart of everything we do. This unwavering focus translates into the tools, technologies, resources, and support you need to make an impact on their lives, launching the careers of future healthcare leaders. Get ready to collaborate with incredible people, grow in your profession, and move healthcare education in an entirely new direction.
What makes a successful member of the Faculty team at American
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Solution Oriented
“Being here for 20 years, I have been able to develop my style and effectiveness as a leader. This place never stops teaching the teachers, educating the educators.”Gohar A. Campus Director, Career Services,
Associate since 1999
We offer a generous benefits package with a wide range of the plans, programs and support you need to thrive.
Day of Service
Our Mission & Culture
Every day at American Career College is the opportunity to shape minds and lift up those around you. When you join us, you’ll discover a vibrant culture that’s filled with opportunity and growth, supported by a passionate team that believes in our mission. We always put our students at the heart of everything we do – our future vocational nurses, radiologic technologists, medical assistants, and more depend on it. Discover what it means to truly believe in the work that you do
Come care with us at American Career College! As a Nursing Faculty member for a certified Great Place to Work, you will guide nursing students to do more than change their own lives – you will help change the lives of every patient they treat throughout their career in healthcare. At American Career College you will have the opportunity to share your success story with the next generation of nurses!
You will make an impact by:
- Serving as a mentor, role model and facilitator who provides guidance and academic support for students.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm for teaching, the teaching/learning process and for individual students.
- Applying your skills and experience to your assigned teaching schedule.
- Participating in and contributing to assessment activities of courses/curriculum and programs via a continuous improvement plan set forth by the University.
- Regularly contributing to improvement of class materials and syllabi within prescribed shared governance culture.
- Utilizing a variety of teaching methodologies to instruct students, always with intent to facilitate observable evidence of student fulfillment of prescribed learning outcomes.
- Maintaining scholarly activities.
- Participating in professional growth and service in accordance with university policies.
Your Experience Includes:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Compliance with state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance, and other regulatory standards such as state Board of Nursing.
Education: Education and experience must align with state regulations and comply with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies.
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required.
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all associates. If you feel that this role could make you excited to come to work and you can envision yourself working at our organization, please apply! American Career College is a place where everyone can grow.
American Career College’s commitment to quality education for over 40 years has provided students excellence in hands-on healthcare training at our campuses in Ontario, Los Angeles, and Orange County. American Career College is dedicated to the belief that all students have the right to succeed and reach their full potential. To meet this challenge in postsecondary education, American Career College’s mission is to provide adult learners with the skills and technical knowledge needed for initial employment in entry-level positions. With more than 50,000 graduates, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the support of our communities by educating quality healthcare professionals, collaborating with incredible people, and grow in your own profession.
Our benefited faculty and associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial & Retirement
- Family & Parenting
- Vacation & Time Off
- Perks & Discount
- Professional Development
American Career College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.
No recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the heart icon to save a job.